Installation Instructions – Masonry, Wood, Swimming Pool Decks or Concrete Joints
- Surface Preparation – Prior to application of REZI-WELD LV primer, joint surfaces must be structurally sound, clean, dry, and free of oil, grease, dirt, and loose particles.
- Mixing – Components are pre-measured to exact quantities; mix all material in both containers. Pour part A into part B and mix thoroughly with a clean wooden or metal paddle for four minutes. Scrape container sides and bottom for complete integration. After mixing, work-life of a quart unit is approximately 30 minutes at 70° F (21.1°).
- Application Method – Apply REZI-WELD LV to properly prepared joint surfaces by brush, depositing a light, continuous film. Depending on the porosity of the surface and joint dimensions, one quart (.95 L) of REZI-WELD LV will be sufficient for 5 – 7 gallons (18.9 – 26.5 L) of sealant. Normally one coat is sufficient; however, two coats should be applied to porous surfaces. Do not over-apply. Use caution when applying in joints with backer rods. Over-application onto backer rod can result in three-sided bonding.
Sealant can be applied as soon as the primer is applied. For optimal adhesion, primer should be tacky to the touch when applying the joint sealant. This window (time the REZI-WELD LV is tacky) can last up to two hours at 75° F (23° C). If REZI-WELD LV becomes tack-free, prior to application of the sealant, application of the joint sealant can still take place within 12 hours of the initial application of the primer at 75° F (23° C). If the primer is no longer tacky and is within the initial 12 hours wipe the primed area with a solvent, such as xylene and/or toluene, just prior to applying the sealant. If 12 hours has elapsed since initial application of the primer, reapply the properly mixed primer. The open time will decrease as the air/substrate temperature increases and conversely will increase as the air/substrate temperature decreases. Applications in direct sun will decrease the open time.
REZI-WELD LV primer is non-staining amber color, and should not be applied to a exposed surfaces, as discol- oration may become apparent. Joint edges can be taped to avoid application of primer on exposed edges.
- Clean tools and equipment with xylene or toluene and remove masking tape before the sealant starts to Please read and understand the safety data sheet and all local, state and federal laws regarding the use of xylene or toluene or any other solvents.
- PRECAUTIONS – DO NOT DILUTE. Mix complete units Not recommended for use when the concrete and air temperature is below 40º F (4º C) or will drop below 40º F (4º C) within 24 hours. Do not use to seal cracks under hydrostatic pressure. Do not warm epoxy over direct heat. Safety glasses and chemical-resistant gloves should be worn at all times when mixing or applying the primer. Apply in a well-ventilated area. Keep out of the reach of children. Unused epoxy will generate excessive heat, especially in large quantities. Unused epoxy should be mixed with dry sand in the container to help lower heat. Refer to safety data sheet of the DECK-O-SEAL product and REZI-WELD LV for complete health and safety information.